Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Thing #12

1. 2 important aspects of commenting: Comment because you have something important to share or you are "driven" to share. Criticize kindly.

I think these two points are essential when thinking about blogging or Internet etiquette. Commenting a simple "I agree" statement adds nothing to the discussion and clogs up time wading through irrelevant comments. In addition, people sometimes think because the Internet gives them a feeling of anonymity they can post whatever they see fit, forgetting real people are reading these posts and reacting to them. Don't say on the Internet or on a blog what you wouldn't say in person!

2. I posted comments to blogs from previous courses as well as the current go round. I'd like to think people who have been through the 23 Things want to continue their professional development and I found some of their blogs quite useful since they've already been through this process!

3.
Noflyingnotights - a great blog about anime/manga. This is vital as I scour sources for information on the ever popular graphic novels the students in my library want me to buy.
http://www.noflyingnotights.com/

Graphic Novel Review - another blog about anime/manga. It is so hard to find good information about graphic novels and to find reviews for graphic novels, that I am always looking for more sources.
http://www.graphicnovelreview.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment