Monday, June 7, 2010

Thing #2

After completing thing #2, I came away with a few realizations. First, I am a lifelong learner, and second, I have some habits I need to acquire.

The easiest of the 7 1/2 habits for me is Habit #4 - having confidence in myself as a competent, effective learner. I have been a student in a formal setting almost continuously since kindergarten, so the formal education arena is my playground. As a librarian, I also love to read and often read to learn.

The hardest of the 7 1/2 habbits for me is Habit #7 1/2 - playing. This is the most vital of the habits according to the presentation, but I forget to play often because I have a set agenda in mind and goals I want to reach, and I do what needs to be done to attain those goals and I learn the information I need to learn to attain those goals, but I forget to play with the information, too, and to explore outside the box so I can acquire knowledge beyond just what I need at that moment.

Throughout the process, I'm going to try to force myself to play.

2 comments:

  1. WOW...you are speedy...I found your email in my spam folder...please slow down a bit so some other players can seee your good work and comment to you nad you can comment to them...part of the community building!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Spring Branch ISD ! :-)

    ReplyDelete