Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Thing #9

I love the idea of being able to search for blogs to meet my needs. Many of these search tools were blocked at school, so this is a bummer since I use my RSS Feed mostly for work-related purposes, but one good one that was not blocked was Technorati. I did a search for "anime" to see what blogs I could find on anime since this is an extremely popular genre in my library and finding good sources of information about anime is difficult at best. I was impressed by the selection of blogs covering this topic and liked how the blogs were tagged so I could find other similar blogs. Through my search I found some useful sites including MangaBlog and JadeDragonOnline. None of the search tools were really difficult to use, but like with any new tool, the more it is used the more acclimated you become to the tool and the more useful it becomes as new uses are discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment